1/2 Photos of Coffee Grog
A rich, spicy, sweet coffee delight. You can sub 1 1/2 teaspoons of rum flavored extract for the dark rum for a non-alcoholic version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2-1 cup brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups dark rum (I like Meyer's)
- 12 slices orange rind
- 12 slices lemon peel
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 9 cups coffee
- 1In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- 2Blend in the sugar, spices, and rum.
- 3Allow mixture to cool.
- 4Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- 5Place one piece of orange peel and one piece of lemon peel into each mug.
- 6Mix 3/4 cup coffee and 2 tablespoons cream together with 2 tablespoons of the spiced rum mixture in each mug (only 1 teaspoon of the spice mixture if you subbed extract for the rum).
- 7Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Grog
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 30.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: