Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from a booklet entitled "Coffee Make It Delicious" put out by General Foods in 1981.
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups oats (quick cooking or old-fashioned)
- 1 cup raisins (I like the light ones)
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, flaked
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir instant coffee into the melted butter.
- Pour remaining ingredients into a large bowl. Add butter mixture and mix well.
- Press firmly into a well-greased 9" x 13" pan.
- Bake @ 325* for 30-35 minutes. Cut into bars while still warm.