Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Made for Snow Queen's Comfort Cafe 2010. WOW delicious! reduced for 2 cups of coffee. Used 1/2 and 1/2 for the double cream, confectionary sugar and Ghiradelli's cocoa powder. Reduced sugar to 1/2 tsp. Loved this and can see making this as a regu;ar cuppa cafe in the morning. Thank you.
- 300 ml strong espresso coffee
- 75 g caster sugar
- 200 ml double cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- cocoa powder (to dust)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the warm coffee, castor sugar and stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into a shallow freezer container and freeze overnight.
- The next morning, mash wit a fork to break up the ice crystals.
- The granita should have a rough texture.
- Return to the freezer until ready to serve.
- Lightly whip the cream.
- Stir in icing sugar.
- Cover and chill until needed.
- To serve, break up the granita and spoon into 6 glasses.
- Top with spoonfuls of the cream and dust with cocoa powder.
- Serve immediately as the granita will melt very quickly.