Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
- 300 ml strong espresso coffee
- 75 g caster sugar
- 200 ml double cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- cocoa powder (to dust)
- Mix together the warm coffee, castor sugar and stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into a shallow freezer container and freeze overnight.
- The next morning, mash wit a fork to break up the ice crystals.
- The granita should have a rough texture.
- Return to the freezer until ready to serve.
- Lightly whip the cream.
- Stir in icing sugar.
- Cover and chill until needed.
- To serve, break up the granita and spoon into 6 glasses.
- Top with spoonfuls of the cream and dust with cocoa powder.
- Serve immediately as the granita will melt very quickly.
Made for Snow Queen's Comfort Cafe 2010. WOW delicious! reduced for 2 cups of coffee. Used 1/2 and 1/2 for the double cream, confectionary sugar and Ghiradelli's cocoa powder. Reduced sugar to 1/2 tsp. Loved this and can see making this as a regu;ar cuppa cafe in the morning. Thank you.
This was very good! I first had to figure out what castor and icing sugar is? In the USA, castor sugar is extra fine and icing sugar is better known as confectioner's. After the language barrier was bridged, I was able to try the recipe! Thanks for the recipe and the sugar lesson. This recipe was made for the Comfort Cafe's tag game.