Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I find more often than not that my guests at a dinner party favor a light dessert after an otherwise substantial meal. Their definition of light targets the overall bulk of a dessert, not its richness or flavor. I found this worthy candidate at worldwidemart.com, it would seem to be the perfect solution & I will be trying it soon. It could hardly be easier to fix & will be lovely when combined w/a cookie &/or piece of fruit to enhance the presentation. (Time does not include time to chill in the freezer to sherbet consistency)
- 1⁄2 cup extra strong coffee, cold
- 1 cup light cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream
- Combine egg yolks & granulated sugar. Beat till frothy.
- Combine coffee & light cream. Whip mixture till smooth.
- Add coffee mixture to the sugar mixture & pour into ice cube tray or other freezer container. Chill till thickened to sherbet consistency.
- Serve in goblets or ramekins & garnish w/whipped cream.
This is great! My Heavens it's fast to whip up, and no problem at all mix several times during freezing. I had a tiny serving and the 2 guys polished off the rest this evening. It had turned very warm today and this was an ideal dessert. The coffee is quite mild and the creams and egg yolks make it rich. I sprinkled a bit of cinnamon on mine and it was a lovely touch. Simple enough for everyday and in a pretty dish it would be loved by guests also.