12 hrs 15 mins
Caffè Gelato con Buccia d'Arancia. A traditional gelato with the refreshing flavours of espresso and oranges. I whipped up this recipe as a way to use up some whole milk on a hot spring day. You'll need some sort of ice cream maker to freeze this properly. The ground espresso adds a speckled colour and interesting texture, but is optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs lightly, whisk into milk and sugar.
- 2Heat mixture over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- 3Remove the resulting custard from heat, and pour into chilled bowl.
- 4Stir in espresso, orange zest, and coffee grounds.
- 5Chill for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- 6Freeze mixture according to ice cream maker instructions.
- 7Transfer to a freezer-safe container, press plastic wrap across the surface of the gelato, snap on lid, and place in freezer to hard-freeze.
- 8To serve, place gelato in fridge approximately 20 minutes before serving to soften.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Gelato With Orange Zest
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.7
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 89.1 mg
- Sodium 31.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: