Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are delicious. My friend made these for a holiday cookie exchange and they were a hit!
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker double chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil (or applesauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, dissolve 1 teaspoon instant coffee in 2 tablespoons hot water. Add remaining Bar ingredients; stir until soft dough forms. Spread in pan. Bake 15 minutes; cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, dissolve 2 teaspoons instant coffee in 1/4 cup hot water. Add remaining Frosting ingredients; stir until smooth. Spread over bars. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.