Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This has got to be the quickest fruitcake to make-and its so tasty!
- 1 kg dried fruit
- 2 cups made coffee (instant etc)
- water, etc
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
- In a bowl place coffee and fruit and leavefor a couple of hours or overnight.
- Add SR flour and chocolate to fruit.
- Bake in two log tins for 1 hour on 180C/375 degrees F.
I've just realized I didn't rate this recipe, I made it over Christmas time! It's a great recipe for people who don't want all the leftover dried fruit etc you normally get with fruitcake, I halved the recipe and used 300g mixed fruit, 100g dried dates and 100g dried apricots, and it tasted great! I also added some whisky in with the coffee (my family's Scottish) and omitted the chocolate because I wanted a 'traditional' Christmas cake and it turned out fine, everyone loved it. Thanks for a great, easy recipe!