Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Coffee Frozen Yogurt recipe from Food.com.
- Cook milk over low heat, keeping it below the boiling point. Remove pan from heat and add in sugar, stirring until it dissolves.
- Gradually pour the milk mixture over the beaten eggs, stirring constantly until well blended.
- Transfer mixture to the top of a double boiler and cook, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
- Cool to room temperature, then add remaining ingredientsand mix thoroughly.
- Chill for 2-4 hours (or overnight). Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
Very good, but a little too sweet for me (next time, I'd reduce the sugar by 1/2 - 3/4 c). I made this on a whim, so I didn't have Greek yogurt or Kahlua on hand. I strained 2 c ff plain yogurt until I had 1 1/2 c. For the Kahlua, the Zaar recommends using chocolate extract (which I also didn't have - used vanilla extract instead) and instant coffee, and it seemed okay to me (but I've never had Kahlua, so I don't know for sure :P). Anyway, very good, also threw in 1/2 t cinnamon. It froze hard as a rock, but I blame my own incompetence and ice cream maker for that. I'll make this again when I actually have Greek yogurt on hand.