Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from one of my vintage cookbooks. Sounds wonderful! Chill time is not included in total prep time.
- Put marshmallows in double boiler.
- Add coffee and salt-stirring,heat until smooth.
- Chill until it begins to set.
- Fold in stiffly whipped cream.
- Add vanilla.
- Chill until mixture will mound.
- Serve in sherbert glasses.
Good to see this old recipe in print. I have this and it is very, very good but find that it needs a dash of brandy (or cognac) to liven it up. Also the coffee needs to be strong and rich. Anyway, it is suitable for any occasion and looks great topped with some shaved chocolate and toasted almonds.