Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
(Pasticcini di Mandorle e Caffè )
- 1 lb almonds
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 egg whites, beaten until stiff
- 5 teaspoons ground espresso
- powdered sugar
- Peel and crush the almonds. Mix sugar with 3 tablespoons of water, crushed almonds, ground coffee, and egg whites.
- Grease a rectangular pan and cover with fine bread crumbs. Pour mixture into pan and bake at 300 degrees for about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut in small square pieces, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve. Yields 1.65 lbs of cookies.