Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Got this out of Canadian Living magazine.
- 3 orange wedges
- 1 fluid ounce coffee liqueur
- 1 fluid ounce vanilla vodka or 1 fluid ounce plain vodka
- 4 fluid ounces ginger ale
- Fill brandy sniffer or highball glass with ice.
- Squeeze one of the orange wedges over ice, twisting rind to release oil; discard rind.
- Add coffee liqueur and vodka; stir in ginger ale.
- Garnish with remaining orange wedges.
I wasn't quite sure what to expect flavor wise and I found it to be very good!! I used Kahlua and plain vodka, but could imagine the vanilla vodka being great also. I enjoyed the flavor of the coffee and orange and then adding the bubbly ginger ale really made for a great drink!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Don't often make mixed drinks at home but decided to give it a try in honor of Nora's dear husband Ed. I used clementines as that was what I had on hand, Kahlua and regular flavored vodka. The combination worked well with no flavor outdoing the other. Will definitely make again.
What an interesting combination! This came together very nicely. I really liked the orange with it too. Thanks for sharing!