1/1 Photo of Coffee Filbert Ice Cream
2 hrs 30 mins
A wonderful desert for coffee lovers. Although I haven't made this yet, I think it will be delicious with a rich chocolate cake! Prep time includes chilling time (2 hours) but not freezing time. Processing time is included with cook time. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (March 1980)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan over medium low heat combine milk and ground filberts, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
- 2While milk is heating, beat yolks and sugar together.
- 3After milk comes to a boil, strain a small amount into yolk/sugar mixture and stir to combine. Strain remaining milk into yolks, blending throughly. Discard solids.
- 4Return all to saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add cream, coffee and vanilla. Remove from heat.
- 5Chill until cool (2-4 hours).
- 6Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Add the chopped filberts near the end of processing time.
- 7Freeze solid before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Filbert Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4423.9
- Calories from Fat 3364
- Total Fat 373.8 g
- Saturated Fat 137.3 g
- Cholesterol 1647.3 mg
- Sodium 399.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 230.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.1 g
- Sugars 163.0 g
- Protein 74.9 g