Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
- Fill machine with cold water up to water level for desired number of cups.
- Do not cover safety valve hole with water.
- Fill brew basket to rim with coffee.
- For 9 cups, remove the reducer from the brew basket and fill entire basket.
- For 3 or 6 cups, use the reducer as follows: long stem facing down for 3 cups; short stem facing down for 6 cups.
- Clean off excess grounds from brew basket rim and o-ring.
- Close and tighten down knob as far as possible.
- Close steam valve.
- Place machine on high heat and put a carafe under valve to catch coffee.
- Coffee will begin to drip out slowly after 3-10 minutes, and appear very dark.
- As brewing process continues, stream will become strong and steady, and coffee will lighten.
- When coffee stops and becomes noisy, close coffee valve and remove carafe.
- If you are making cappuccino, close valve and let steam build up.
- Put cream or milk in cup and open steam valve to froth.
Wow! That sure looks refreshing!!!