Prep 24 hrs
Cook 45 mins
This recipe could be a bad thing...one taste of and your guests might never want to leave.
Make and share this Coffee Eggnog Punch recipe from Food.com.
FOR THE EGGNOG
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
FOR THE COFFEE PUNCH
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey (optional) or 1⁄2 cup Bourbon (optional)
- 1 quart coffee ice cream
- whipped cream, freshly grated nutmeg
- Beat together eggs and sugar.
- Stir in milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon with a thin film and reaches 145°F and holds there for 3 ½ minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in whipping cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, several hours or overnight. Makes 2 qrts.
- Combine eggnog, brown sugar, instant coffee and spices in a large mixing bowl; beat at low speed with an electric mixer until sugar dissolves. Chill 15 minutes. Stir until coffee granules dissolve and stir in whiskey. Cover and chill again at least 1 hour to blend flavors. Pour into punch bowl or fill individual punch cups ½ full.
- Top with scoops of ice cream and garnish with whipped cream and nutmeg. Tip: Serve warm over ice cream or allow ice cream to soften slightly before serving.