Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
For a very impressive display, put the brandy mixture into the cups, then burn off and add coffee. Great as an after dinner drink. Since the alcohol burns off, even the driver can drink it.
- 1 orange rind, cut into strips
- 2 -3 strips fresh lemon rind
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in two
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 sugar cubes
- 6 ounces cognac or 6 ounces brandy
- 8 cups strong coffee
- Heat orange and lemon rinds, spices, sugar and brandy, muddling with the bottom of a ladle.
- When hot, light the brandy, burn off and add the coffee.
- Serve in demitasse cups.
Made for Comfort Cafe 2009 This is really good stuff. Reduced to 2 cups for myself as I am the coffee drinker in the house. I did not have whole cloves but added in ground. I also left out the brandy as I made this for a morning drink. WIll have to serve this for company and add the brandy in next time. Thank you.
I scaled this back for one person and left out the alcohol. I loved the lemon and orange flavor!Thanks! Made for the Comfort Cafe.
I found the alcohol a bit strong for my taste but then I have never flamed anything and chickened out at the last minute so the alchol didin't burn off LOL Love the rind and spice flavourings. Made for Comfort cafe Recipe of the day