Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sweet, gooey sauce is packed with coffee flavor that’s delicious paired with pound cake or ice cream. It's also a great drizzle to use with your baking.
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (can use less if you want a milder flavor)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine cream and espresso powder in a medium bowl and whisk until powder is dissolved; set aside.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir to combine. Place over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, and let cook undisturbed until amber in color, about 5 minutes. Immediately add butter and stir to incorporate.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cream mixture and salt until smooth.