- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder or 1 tablespoon freshly brewed espresso
- 1⁄2 orange, juice and zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups milk
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons rum (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Juice and zest the orange. Put juice in a saucepan and set the grated zest aside for later.
- Add coffee to the saucepan with 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add the rice and let soak for 5 minutes.
- Return the pan to heat and add the milk and vanilla extract. Cook over low heat until rice is tender and slightly al dente.
- Remove from heat, add sugar, orange zest, butter, cream, and rum (if using); stir through gently and serve at once.