Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These muffins combine sweet dates with a mocha-flavored muffin. Enjoy with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package pitted dates
- Preheat to 400°F Spray 12 muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl. Coarsely chop the dates.
- In another bowl, combine the water, egg, oil, sugar, instant coffee, salt, and chopped dates.
- Mix the date mixture in with the dry ingredients. Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes.