Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Semi Homemade. Needs to chill overnight.
- cooking spray
- 2 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 1⁄4 cup instant coffee crystals
- 25 soft ladyfingers
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- chocolate syrup
- Spray 10-inch-diameter, 3-inch-high, stainless steel bowl with nonstick spray. Line bowl with plastic wrap, allowing 3 inches of plastic to hang over sides.
- Stir 2 cups of boiling water and 2 tablespoons of coffee crystals in medium bowl until crystals dissolve. Refrigerate coffee until cold.
- Quickly dip each ladyfinger into cold coffee to moisten.
- Starting at bottom of prepared bowl, arrange moistened ladyfingers over bowl to line interior completely. Transfer ladyfinger-lined bowl to refrigerator.
- Stir remaining 1/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup of coffee crystals in large bowl until crystals dissolve. Set aside to cool slightly. Add milk and both pudding mixes to cooled coffee.
- Beat until well blended. Set aside for 10 minutes, or until pudding thickens.
- Gently fold whipped topping into thickened pudding.
- Spoon mixture into bowl, covering ladyfingers completely.
- Fold plastic overhang atop pudding to cover. Refrigerate charlotte 8 hours or overnight.
- To Unmold:
- Fold back plastic from atop charlotte.
- Invert large plate or serving platter atop charlotte in bowl. Holding plate and bowl together, invert charlotte onto plate.
- Remove bowl and carefully peel plastic wrap away from charlotte. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and serve.