Recipe by Teri
I found this in a "Cooking for 1 or 2" book, in the diabetic section. I use muffin tins and just put water in the extra openings. Makes in 2 (8 ounces each) oven proof coffee cups.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
Love these mini recipes, no leftovers, no waste. These were delicious and guilt free. I baked them in custard cups and they were done in 15 minutes. I'll be making these again and often. Made for PAC Fall '07. Thanks for a tasty treat Teri!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄8 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrot (I buy pre-shredded carrots)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly spray coffee cups (or tins) with nonstick spray.
- Combine flour, Splenda, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg substitute, oil, applesauce and vanilla extract about 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Add carrots and raisins to mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg and carrot mixture stirring till smooth.
- Spoon batter into cups (or tins).
- Push the shredded carrots into the top to smooth.
- Place cups (or tins) on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes, if in cup,loosen edges and slide out onto serving plate.