Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a low carb bread for those that are wanting bread but can't afford the carbs.
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 g Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Mix all dry ingredients in a straight-sided coffee mug.
- Once mixed, add egg and butter and beat until smooth.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes until done (watch carefully, as it can dry out quickly and get really brick-like).
- Allow to cool slightly, then remove from coffee cup and cut into slices.
Quick and Easy! My husband is going on a remote assignment for 6 months. He needed a low carb bread that was easy and tasty to help control his diabetes. Just made this and he is happy, happy, happy! I have an 1100 watt microwave and put it in for 1 minute. Will probably try substituting coconut oil for the butter for more benefits. Can't wait to start experimenting with different seasonings. Thank you!
I made this without the Splenda and cinnamon. I served it sliced in quarters, topped two slices with melted cheese, a slice of Canadian bacon, and an egg cooked over easy. It was a quick and delicious breakfast! I usually use a slice of wheat bread, but this fluffy recipe was a great way to replace those carbs!
I have made this twice, the first time I followed the ingredients but used stevia it was delicious. The second time I put some dehydrated onion in water (not sure of how much) then drained it added it to the wet ingredients and added some fresh grated parmesan cheese and used olive oil instead of butter it was like having an onion roll. I sliced it into thirds froze 2 to use as a bun and ate the other one, so good.