Recipe by khaanam
As I love baking I always try to make my cakes simple so anyone can make it and enjoy. Please try it and let me know your opinion.
- 225 g flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (dissolve in 4 Tablespoons water)
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar (for Icing)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar (for crunch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour,baking powder and cocoa powder three times.
- Beat eggs; add icing sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add oil gradually and beat.
- Add vanilla essence and 2 tablespoons of the coffee liquid and beat.
- Add flour mixture in three additions.
- Fold with a spatula until smooth.
- Transfer to greased 9x9 square tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes at 240 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temprature to 200 degrees Celsius (depends on your oven).
- Don't forget to turn halfway to bake evenly.
- Insert wooden toothpick to test whether cooked or not.
- If cooked cool and remove from tin.
- Cool completely.
- Whip the cream untill thick; add sugar and beat for few minutes.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons coffee liquid and beat to mix.
- Cut cake into 2 layers, apply sugar syrup on both layers then spread cream on bottom layer.
- Cover it with top layer and apply cream on whole cake.
- If you wish to make a design on cake then place cream in piping bag and make design on cream layer.
- Sprinkle crush crunch on cake to make complete (see Note).
- Refrigrate several hours before serving.
- Note:cook sugar in nonstick pan on low heat until melted.
- Transfer in greased heatproof dish; let it cool then crush coarsely.