Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe came from one those leaftlets that flour companies (Gold Medal, I think), used to hand out. Since my copy is well-worn with the notation "excellent and "easy", I thought I would add it here.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml instant coffee
- 236.59 ml butter, softened (I use margarine)
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 118.29 ml almonds, chopped
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*. Blend all ingredients (except almonds & chocolate chips) thoroughly. Stir in the almonds and chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in an ungreased 15" x 10" x 1",jelly roll pan.
- Bake 18-25 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Cut into 2" x 1" bars while still warm.
These are a bit like a coffee brownie and are just delicious. I used instant moccha instead of instant coffee. Definitely a keeper for me !!!