Recipe by Sweet PQ?
This recipe came from one those leaftlets that flour companies (Gold Medal, I think), used to hand out. Since my copy is well-worn with the notation "excellent and "easy", I thought I would add it here.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 cup butter, softened (I use margarine)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*. Blend all ingredients (except almonds & chocolate chips) thoroughly. Stir in the almonds and chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in an ungreased 15" x 10" x 1",jelly roll pan.
- Bake 18-25 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Cut into 2" x 1" bars while still warm.