Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
In ‘Maxwell House Coffee Drinks & Desserts Cookbook’ by Barbara Albright
Make and share this Coffee Crumb Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- cold brewed strong coffee
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the package for a 15 x 10 x1 inch baking pan, substituting the brewed coffee for the water.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour, sugars, instant coffee, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the cake.
- Bake for 20 minutes longer or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares to serve.