1/1 Photo of Coffee Crisps
A few teaspoons of instant coffee crystals or instant espresso powder go into these sugar cookies that are also topped with coffee icing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals (or 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- instant coffee crystals, coarsely crushed (optional)
- 1Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set the cookie sheet aside.
- 2In a small bowl stir together water and coffee crystals or espresso coffee powder until dissolved; set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 4Add sugar and salt, beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- 5Add eggs and coffee mixture; beat until combined.
- 6Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
- 7Drop dough by slightly rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet; spread dough into 2-inch circles.
- 8Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until browned around the edges.
- 9Cool on cookie sheet set on a wire rack for 2 minutes.
- 10Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- 11When cookies are cool, fill a pastry bag fitted with a very small round tip with Coffee Icing.
- 12Pipe icing onto cookies in a zigzag pattern. Or, thin icing with additional whipping cream to make icing of drizzling consistency; use fork tines to drizzle icing over cookies ( If desired, sprinkle with crushed coffee crystals. Makes about 20 cookies).
- 13COFFEE ICING:
- 14Stir together 1/8 teaspoon instant coffee crystals or dash of espresso coffee powder and 1 tablespoon whipping cream until coffee is dissolved.
- 15In a small mixing bowl stir together 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, the coffee-cream mixture and enough additional whipping cream (1 to 2 tablespoons) to make icing of piping consistency.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.8
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 77.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g