1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Creme Caramel is one of the loveliest desserts I know of. Light and cool and slightly bitter-sweet (the caramel). The coffee in this version adds another dimension.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 330°F Place six, ½ cup ramekins in baking pan large enough to hold them. Place pan in oven until ramekins are hot, about 10 minutes.
- 2Bring 1 cup sugar and ¼ cup water to boil in small pan, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Continue boiling, without stirring, until golden-brown, swirling occasionally, about 6 minutes. Immediately pour into ramekins, distributing evenly. Quickly rotate ramekins to coat sides (wear oven gloves as ramekins will be HOT!). Cool.
- 3Bring milk to boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in coffee granules.
- 4Whisk eggs, yolks and 1/3 cup sugar to blend in large bowl. Gradually whisk in hot milk. Stir in rum. Divide among ramekins.
- 5Pour enough hot water into baking pan to come halfway up the sides of ramekins. Bake until edges are set, about 1 ¼ hours. Remove from water and refrigerate about 6 hours.
- 6Run a sharp knife around edges of cooled custards to loosen. Invert onto plates and serve.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Creme Caramels
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.5
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 176.8 mg
- Sodium 70.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 48.8 g
- Protein 6.7 g