Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is great for any occasion. Let me whisper in your ear....I made this from a cake mix!!! SShhhh! Really! You will get all the raves and everyone will think you slaved all day on it. It's so good! Note: The name of the cake refers to it's color and the frosting,sort of the color of coffee with cream in it. It does include instant coffee in it.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Really 5 stars is not enough for this wonderful layer cake, moist delicious with a wonderful fluffy filling and frosting, thank you for sharing this great recipe Di!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow butter cake mix with pudding (ingredients follow)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk (can use 2 1/2 cups skim milk)
- 2 cups whipping cream (can use 4 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare yellow, butter-flavored cake mix as follows:.
- Blend dry mix, water, oil, and eggs in large bowl at low speed for 30 seconds, then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch, round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Combine pudding mixes and milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at low speed with electric mixer 1 minute. Set aside.
- Beat whipping cream, until stiff peaks form; fold into pudding. Divide pudding mixture in half; set aside.
- Top with second layer, and spread with about 1/4 of plain pudding.
- Top with third layer, and spread with remaining coffee-flavored pudding.
- Top with 4th layer. Spread with top and sides of cake with remaining pudding.
- Cover cake, and refrigerate.