1 hr 10 mins
This is great for any occasion. Let me whisper in your ear....I made this from a cake mix!!! SShhhh! Really! You will get all the raves and everyone will think you slaved all day on it. It's so good! Note: The name of the cake refers to it's color and the frosting,sort of the color of coffee with cream in it. It does include instant coffee in it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow butter cake mix with pudding (ingredients follow)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups milk (can use 2 1/2 cups skim milk)
- 2 cups whipping cream (can use 4 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1Prepare yellow, butter-flavored cake mix as follows:.
- 2Blend dry mix, water, oil, and eggs in large bowl at low speed for 30 seconds, then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 3Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch, round baking pans.
- 4Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- 5Combine pudding mixes and milk in a large mixing bowl.
- 6Beat at low speed with electric mixer 1 minute. Set aside.
- 7Beat whipping cream, until stiff peaks form; fold into pudding. Divide pudding mixture in half; set aside.
- 8Top with second layer, and spread with about 1/4 of plain pudding.
- 9Top with third layer, and spread with remaining coffee-flavored pudding.
- 10Top with 4th layer. Spread with top and sides of cake with remaining pudding.
- 11Cover cake, and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Cream Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 604.3
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 137.2 mg
- Sodium 782.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 46.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g