Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is great for any occasion. Let me whisper in your ear....I made this from a cake mix!!! SShhhh! Really! You will get all the raves and everyone will think you slaved all day on it. It's so good! Note: The name of the cake refers to it's color and the frosting,sort of the color of coffee with cream in it. It does include instant coffee in it.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow butter cake mix with pudding (ingredients follow)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk (can use 2 1/2 cups skim milk)
- 2 cups whipping cream (can use 4 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- Prepare yellow, butter-flavored cake mix as follows:.
- Blend dry mix, water, oil, and eggs in large bowl at low speed for 30 seconds, then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch, round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Combine pudding mixes and milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at low speed with electric mixer 1 minute. Set aside.
- Beat whipping cream, until stiff peaks form; fold into pudding. Divide pudding mixture in half; set aside.
- Top with second layer, and spread with about 1/4 of plain pudding.
- Top with third layer, and spread with remaining coffee-flavored pudding.
- Top with 4th layer. Spread with top and sides of cake with remaining pudding.
- Cover cake, and refrigerate.
Really 5 stars is not enough for this wonderful layer cake, moist delicious with a wonderful fluffy filling and frosting, thank you for sharing this great recipe Di!