Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the most delicious filling / frosting I have ever tasted. Always a hit with the family.
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (or any other flavourful coffee of your choice)
- Mixed all three ingredients in a medium sized glass bowl.
- Beat ingredients still stiff.
- Use as a filling in your favourite cake or as frosting for cupcakes.
- Be creative!
So delicious! I used espresso powder and 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and it came out wonderfully coffee-flavored and kind of bittersweet. I'm using it with a sweet cake and it's perfect, but adding more sugar would also make it work very well with a less-sweet accompaniment.
I used this to fill Chocolate Roulade #37524 by Mean Chef. I did increase the sugar to about 2 1/2 tbsps, just 'coz I like it a little sweeter. I was totally licking the bowl clean, it was so freakin finger-lickin good!! Thanks Emily for an excellent recipe :D
This was perfect! Followed this exactly using 1/2 cup of sugar, and had just the right amount of coffee flavor. I used it to frost One-step Devil's Food Cake by PCrocker (#97077). Thanks!