Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is wonderful on fresh hot muffins. It is also good on toast or bagels!
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot water
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Dilute coffee granules in hot water.
- Beat the coffee into the cream cheese mixture until it is light and fluffy.
Very nice coffee flavor! I used low fat cream cheese with 4 heaping teaspoons coffee granules dissolved in 1 1/2 teaspoons hot water. Served alongside Recipe #486677 ~ Tagged for Auzzie Recipe Swap #71, December 2012.
This is such a great little snack recipe. YUM! I made this using a mocha instant coffee and leaving out the confectioner's sugar and that way it was ideal for scooping up with fruit flavoured rice cakes. Mmmm!
Next time, though, Ill follow Maito's lead and up the coffee as it was only barely tasteable.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, Chef Buggsy Mate!
Made and reviewed for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #61 February 2012.
This is good! I used fat free cream cheese, tripled the coffee, and halved the sugar so it would not be too sweet. I am not sure if this makes a cup, but it was enough to thinly spread on to 3 bagels.