Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just love this frosting--I eat it straight from the bowl! It's fantastic on chocolate, yellow, spice, or banana cakes; cookies and brownies; the list goes on and on!
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 29.58 ml strong coffee, cooled
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 709.77 ml sifted powdered sugar
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy.
- Add the coffee and vanilla; whip until fluffy and smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar a little at a time, continuing to whip with an electric mixer on high speed until all the sugar is added.
- Whip an additional 3-5 minutes.
- *Dependingon the weather, the frosting's consistency, and personal preference, you may need to add more coffee and/or powdered sugar to reach desired spreading consistency and flavor.
I used espresso and really like the intense coffee flavor. I put it on brownies and thinned it out a bit and drizzled it on a coffee cake. Excellent!!!!
I made this to frost Kittencal Bass' Spiced Pumpkin-Applesauce Bars -- soooo good! When I saw the two recipes, I thought they might be interesting together. Everyone at work really liked it, even the skeptics who wrinkled their noses at the description of the dessert. I didn't have coffee already made, so I dissolved a 1/2 tsp. of instant in 2 tbs. of hot water. Worked for me! I had to add extra powdered sugar to thicken the frosting enough, but it tasted great! Really nice with the pumpkin-y flavor of the cake.
Yum. I'm a vegan, so in place of cream cheese and milk I used Tofutti "Better than Cream Cheese" and soymilk. The frosting was a little bit runny at first, but one it had been in the fridge for few minutes it firmed up.