Recipe by JackieMarie
This is a wonderful bundt cake that I make for any occasion. It is very heavy and moist. Wonderful coffee flavor!
Top Review by jerrianne.smith
This was a hit at our faculty meeting today. I used half butter and half Smart Balance, and all I had was whipped cream cheese. I added 1/4 cup of cocoa powder to batter and almond extract; I added a filling over half the batter of chopped toasted almonds and dark chocolate pieces, then added the rest of the batter. I glazed it with 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 2 T strong coffee, garnishing with shaved dark chocolate and chopped almonds. It was a big hit. 10 seconds in the microwave and it's awesome. Thanks for the recipe. I baked at 325 for 75 minutes. Perfecto!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups softened butter
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee, dissolved with
- 3 teaspoons hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter, cream cheese and coffee until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar & vanilla.
- Add 1 egg at a time.
- Combine flour & salt; add to mix.
- Pour into a bundt pan sprayed with Pam and dusted with flour or cocoa powder and bake at 300° for 90 minutes.
- The top (actually bottom) will still look moist. That is perfect. I let it cook to long once, and the whole cake was very dry. Better to be a bit moist with this one.