Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Just tried this recipe and love it! Coffee-flavored biscotti with the wonderful addition of dried cranberries that just burst with flavor. A very yummy treat for your breakfast with your coffee.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- Heat the oven to 325 F and lightly grease and flour a large baking sheet.
- Stir the eggs, instant coffee and vanilla in a small bowl until well blended, set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer set on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg mixture.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the cranberries.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the dough into 2 logs, each 14 inches long, 1 1/2 inches wide and 1 inch thick.
- Place the logs 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Set the baking sheet on a wire rack to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the logs and place on a cutting board.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each log diagnolly into 3/4 inch slices.
- Place the slices upright and 1/2 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly dry.
- Remove the biscotti from the baking sheet.
- Cool completely on the wire rack.
- Store in a tightly covered container.
What a delicious treat! I loved how easy these were to make, particularly since I bought biscotti pans! I love the flavour, particularly the little bursts of cranberry. Lovely! Thanks, Hokies, for sharing this excellent recipe! Made for Sweet Traditions Tag.