Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Family Circle Magazine Original recipe. Good on those chilly winter days for you and a few good friends. Goes well with Cappucino Cheesecake posted here in Zaar.
- 3⁄4 cup regular grind coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 6 cups water
- assorted liqueurs
- non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Combine coffee, orange peel, cinnamon and ginger in basket of coffee maker.
- Pour water into receptacle and brew as directed for coffee maker.
- Serve hot with liqueur and whipped topping.
- VARIATIONS: Substitute 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon for cinnamon stick.
This was a wonderful treat Dannygirl. I really enjoyed this tasty drink. I choose Kalhua as my liquer of choice today. Made exactly as written, but substituted the cool whip for whipping cream (personal preference only) I garnished the tasty drink with candied ginger and cinnamon...Thanks for sharing. Made for Comfort Cafe Chalet 2010
I skipped the ginger and made it with the cinnamon and orange. For the liqueur I added Mozart Black (Dark chocolate) and enjoyed a marvelous coffee treat. Yummm! Made for Comfort Cafe, Jan 09.
This was different but good. I'm not sure I like ginger with my coffee. Might leave that out next time and just have an orange/cinnamon flavor.