Recipe by Theresa/ Thunderbird
If you like coffee you will like these coffee flavored cookies.
Top Review by Lightly Toasted
These were wonderful!! I served them at a gathering of women that included a prefessional caterer, a banquet and catering manager at a resort, and a professional pastry chef (gee, no pressure THERE!) They all asked for the recipe and complemented the flavor and texture. What a great complement!
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, dissolve instant coffee crystals into the coffee liqueur; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Gradually add eggs and coffee mixture while mixing.
- Sift together the flour,cocoa,baking soda,and salt,Stir into the creamed mixture.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Cookies should be at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes.
- Immediately transfer cookies to cooling rack after baking.
- These keep well at room temperature or refrigerated.