Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like coffee you will like these coffee flavored cookies.
Make and share this Coffee Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, dissolve instant coffee crystals into the coffee liqueur; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Gradually add eggs and coffee mixture while mixing.
- Sift together the flour,cocoa,baking soda,and salt,Stir into the creamed mixture.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Cookies should be at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes.
- Immediately transfer cookies to cooling rack after baking.
- These keep well at room temperature or refrigerated.
These were wonderful!! I served them at a gathering of women that included a prefessional caterer, a banquet and catering manager at a resort, and a professional pastry chef (gee, no pressure THERE!) They all asked for the recipe and complemented the flavor and texture. What a great complement!
great cookie, I love coffee and chocolate, has a lovely crunch to it.
These wonderful cookies will get made again soon to go on my Christmas cookie platters. Two changes were made....I used butter flavored shortening instead of butter. Butter or margarine seem to make many cookies spread more than shortening and I didn't want that. The other change was making smaller cookies...one heaping teaspoonful rather than the one tablespoon called for in the recipe. I baked them on an oiled cookie sheet for about 15 minutes and they were perfect. A good recipe!