Another of my favorite recipes using coffee. Passive time does not include refrigeration.
Make and share this Coffee Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, melted and cooled
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars.
- Dissolve coffee in water.
- Add to creamed mixture with egg and melted chocolate.
- Mix well.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture (dough will be sticky).
- Shape into two 6 1/2 inch rolls.
- Wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place 2 inches apaprt on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until firm.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening.
- Dip each cookie halway, shake off excess.
- Place on waxed paper to harden.