Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great with your morning coffee.
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml brewed coffee, strong
- 78.07 ml milk
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 177.44 ml unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1.23 ml almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour 12 muffin cups, or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, using electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar until very light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a small bowl.
- Combine the coffee, milk, vanilla and almond extract in a small bowl.
- Alternately blend the coffee mixture and the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the nuts and coconut.
- Divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes on rack and remove from muffin tins and cool.
Made these, and shared them with some people I volunteer at the hospital with. At first I said coffee and coconut ?.. But these combined worked out real well. Very refreshing and the texture was great. I did leave out the salt, and used fat-free milk. Everyone enjoyed these greatly. Made for your win in Football Pool.
"Wow" says it all! These muffins are incredibly good. I used strong brewed espresso for the coffee and coconut milk instead of the milk. Also I used gluten free cake flour. They were perfectly done in 25 minutes, so moist and flavourful! The friend to whom I brought them for afternoon coffee already requested the recipe :) Thanks for sharing another keeper, Mike!
Wow! I am so surprised how good these are! I love coconut AND coffee, and these have such a great, distinctive flavor and texture. I would never have thought of putting these great ingredients together -- I love the walnuts, too. I will definitely make these again! It's a winner.