Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
Creamy coffee ice cream made with coconut milk, pure vanilla extract, raw sugar and bold coffee. I'm so happy I can eat ice cream without the dairy! This can be made with or without an ice cream maker. From minimalist baker.
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cansfull fat coconut milk (roughly 3 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 3⁄4 cup strong brewed coffee (decaf recommended)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 dark chocolate chips (or bittersweet)
- Combine coconut milk, coffee and raw sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk until well combined – about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. Transfer to a bowl to let cool completely in the fridge – at least 6 hours, overnight being preferable.
- Transfer to ice cream maker and prepare according to manufacturer instructions. If desired, add in chocolate chips.
- Once done either eat immediately or transfer to a freezer-safe container and let harden for several hours. Should keep for 1 week in the freezer.
- Let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Though it won’t yield as desirable of results, if you don’t have an ice cream maker simply let the mixture cool after cooking, then transfer to a large, freezer safe container and place in the freezer. Every hour remove from the freezer and whisk vigorously to incorporate air – this will make the ice cream less dense/more fluffy, creamy. Repeat until desired consistency is achieved.