Creamy coffee ice cream made with coconut milk, pure vanilla extract, raw sugar and bold coffee. I'm so happy I can eat ice cream without the dairy! This can be made with or without an ice cream maker. From minimalist baker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans full fat coconut milk (roughly 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/2-3/4 cup raw sugar
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee (decaf recommended)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 dark chocolate chips (or bittersweet)
- 1Combine coconut milk, coffee and raw sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk until well combined – about 5 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. Transfer to a bowl to let cool completely in the fridge – at least 6 hours, overnight being preferable.
- 3Transfer to ice cream maker and prepare according to manufacturer instructions. If desired, add in chocolate chips.
- 4Once done either eat immediately or transfer to a freezer-safe container and let harden for several hours. Should keep for 1 week in the freezer.
- 5Let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- 7Though it won’t yield as desirable of results, if you don’t have an ice cream maker simply let the mixture cool after cooking, then transfer to a large, freezer safe container and place in the freezer. Every hour remove from the freezer and whisk vigorously to incorporate air – this will make the ice cream less dense/more fluffy, creamy. Repeat until desired consistency is achieved.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Coconut Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.3
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 85.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dark chocolate chips