These coffee chocolate waffles are the perfect sweet treat for any time, from breakfast to dessert. Adapted from the Chew on ABC.
- Preheat oven to 200*F.
- Preheat waffle maker; grease with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine coffee packet and 1/3 cup hot water, stirring until coffee dissolves.
- Add baking mix, chocolate morsels, milk, egg, and oil.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Cook, in batches, according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times may vary) .
- Carefully remove waffles from waffle iron, and keep warm in oven.
- Serve with syrup.
- Garnish with chocolate morsels, if desired.
This made a great start to breakfast today, I did not have any chocolate chips, but I can imagine they would be great too. Drizzled these lightly with some maple syrup, and added some powdered sugar to these. Made for a great breakfast with some maple syrup scrambled eggs. Made for PRMR tag.
Great waffles!!! I, too, used the Tasters instant coffee but only made 1/2 of the recipe. I thought the chips worked well in the waffles, as they weren't sweet so they added a little sweetness. I just spread them with some butter and sprinkled some powdered sugar for a wonderful breakfast. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.
wow love the texture and crispness of this . im not for certain of the chips in this i would leave them out and sprinkle on 1 to see if it works for you . i love this without the chips personally make this its great