Recipe by Sharon123
These coffee chocolate waffles are the perfect sweet treat for any time, from breakfast to dessert. Adapted from the Chew on ABC.
Top Review by weekend cooker
This made a great start to breakfast today, I did not have any chocolate chips, but I can imagine they would be great too. Drizzled these lightly with some maple syrup, and added some powdered sugar to these. Made for a great breakfast with some maple syrup scrambled eggs. Made for PRMR tag.
- 1 (1/8 ounce) packet instant coffee (I use Taster's Choice decaf)
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 2 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1⁄3 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1 cup whole milk (or soymilk)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chip (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200*F.
- Preheat waffle maker; grease with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine coffee packet and 1/3 cup hot water, stirring until coffee dissolves.
- Add baking mix, chocolate morsels, milk, egg, and oil.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Cook, in batches, according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times may vary) .
- Carefully remove waffles from waffle iron, and keep warm in oven.
- Serve with syrup.
- Garnish with chocolate morsels, if desired.