Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A twist on a classic recipe. Not to be confused with coffee cake.
- 3 ounces bakers chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- splash milk
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup coffee (brewed)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Melt the first three ingredients in a pot on the stove until smooth.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Then beat in egg.
- Sift togerther flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in about half of the dry ingredients and then the coffee.
- Stir in the other half of dry ingredients and add the milk.
- Pour into 2 greased 8" pans or 1 greased 9" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.