Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My DH asked me to make a coffee cookie using my chocolate chip cookie recipe and here is what I created. He thought I should post it. It is a sweet cookie.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons half-and-half (can use milk)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee, ganules
- 3⁄4 cup oats (I used Quaker Quick Oats)
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I use 1 cup bittersweet chips and 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter flavor Crisco, brown sugar, half and half, and vanilla in large bowl. Blend until well blended.
- Beat in eggs.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and instant coffee.
- Add to creamed mixture gradually and stir until well mixed.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes (Mine bake in 8 1/2 minutes).
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove to wire racks to cool.