Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious coffee chocolate chip cookies, great at potlucks or as a gift.
Make and share this Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the salt and baking soda in with the flour, then layer the ingredients except for the instant coffee, egg, margarine and water into the jar so that would be Brown sugar, sugar, chocolate chips, flour mixed with salt and baking soda.
- Place the instant coffee in a snack size baggie and seal.
- Attach a gift card with the following instructions:.
- Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Sift dry ingredients through a colander to separate the chocolate chips from other ingredients.
- Beat 1 cup of unsalted butter or margarine or butter flavored Crisco in a medium bowl.
- Dissolve the coffee in 2 tablespoons hot water.
- Beat sifted ingredients into butter until blended.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix beaten egg mixture into butter mixture until blended.
- Add dissolved coffee and beat again.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoonsful of batter, spaced well apart, (or roll into balls) onto a greased cookie sheet.
- The cookie yield is approximate as I always make large cookies.
- Bake at 350-375 degrees F for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.