Recipe by Shannon Holmes
Delicious coffee chocolate chip cookies, great at potlucks or as a gift.
Top Review by adamwa
i made these tonight, they were pretty good! I did modify the recipe and use applesauce instead of butter because I am on a diet, which changed the texture (and taste im sure) a bit. I might put a little less coffee in next time tho, i thought it was a bit strong, could have just been the blend I was using tho.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup instant coffee
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter or 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 tablespoons hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the salt and baking soda in with the flour, then layer the ingredients except for the instant coffee, egg, margarine and water into the jar so that would be Brown sugar, sugar, chocolate chips, flour mixed with salt and baking soda.
- Place the instant coffee in a snack size baggie and seal.
- Attach a gift card with the following instructions:.
- Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Sift dry ingredients through a colander to separate the chocolate chips from other ingredients.
- Beat 1 cup of unsalted butter or margarine or butter flavored Crisco in a medium bowl.
- Dissolve the coffee in 2 tablespoons hot water.
- Beat sifted ingredients into butter until blended.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix beaten egg mixture into butter mixture until blended.
- Add dissolved coffee and beat again.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoonsful of batter, spaced well apart, (or roll into balls) onto a greased cookie sheet.
- The cookie yield is approximate as I always make large cookies.
- Bake at 350-375 degrees F for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.