A treat with afternoon coffee, these double-baked cookies are crunchy and just right for dipping in a creamy latte!
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules, good quality
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour (replace 3/4 cup of white flour with whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs (3/4 cup Eggbeaters)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I used 1/2 cup Splenda granulated and 1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Grease baking sheet; cover with parchment paper.
- COMBINE water and coffee granules in small bowl; stir until coffee is dissolved.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and baking soda in small bowl.
- WHISK together eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large bowl. Whisk in oil and coffee mixture. Stir in morsels. Stir in flour mixture just until combined. Cut dough in half; place each portion onto prepared baking sheet. Using floured hands, quickly stretch dough to form two flattened logs.
- BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until set and almost firm. Let cool to room temperature.
- CUT logs into 1-inch-thick slices using serrated knife. Lay slices on prepared baking sheet, cut-side-down and about 1 inch apart.
- BAKE, turning each slice over halfway through, for 15 minutes or until biscotti are slightly toasted and crisp. Let cool slightly on baking sheet; remove to wire rack to cool completely.