Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are good!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 125 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Melt butter and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, coffee, salt and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Mix egg, milk, butter and vanilla in separate bowl.
- Make a well in centre of dry ingredients and add wet mixture.
- Stir to just combine and fold through the choc chips.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 190 degrees centigrade for 15-20 minutes.
Photo may be seen here in the Savor gallery: www.annacia.com. I just knew that these were going to be heaven as soon as I read the recipe. Aside from using Splenda for the sugar I made as written (with bittersweet mini chips). The coffee was just the right amount right and they baked beautifully with a great texture. Moist and very flavorful, this recipe is a keeper!
* Reviewed for PAC April 2010 * I made these with my youngest daughter. Easy to make and smelt so good cooking too. My husband and daughter want to give you more than 5 stars for these muffins. We made the recipe exactly as stated, though used chopped chocolate melts in place of the choc chips. I so wish I could have tried one of these..... I wonder how a gluten-free version would go???? Timing given was spot on for baking as well. THe recipe made 11 muffins for us tonight. Photo also to be posted
I made a very similar recipe - 'Decadent Melitta Muffins' I found on a Melitta coffee pamphlet. I used 2 teaspoons of very finely ground coffee, it worked fine. I heated the milk, stirred in 1/2 cup of butter until it was melted; then added the beaten egg and vanilla. I baked the muffins at 375 degrees for 18 minutes. I love the combination of flavours, coffee, cinnamon, vanilla and semi-sweet chips!