Recipe by ballarat
These are good!
Top Review by Annacia
Photo may be seen here in the Savor gallery: www.annacia.com. I just knew that these were going to be heaven as soon as I read the recipe. Aside from using Splenda for the sugar I made as written (with bittersweet mini chips). The coffee was just the right amount right and they baked beautifully with a great texture. Moist and very flavorful, this recipe is a keeper!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 125 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, coffee, salt and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Mix egg, milk, butter and vanilla in separate bowl.
- Make a well in centre of dry ingredients and add wet mixture.
- Stir to just combine and fold through the choc chips.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 190 degrees centigrade for 15-20 minutes.