Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "The Homesick Texan's Family Table" cookbook. This rub results in a smoky, juicy and slightly sweet chop. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
For the rub
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark-roasted coffee beans, finely ground
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 (5 ounce) pork chops, 3/4 - 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix together the salt through allspice. Coat each pork chop with the rub, covering both sides generously. Reserve any leftover rub for a future use. Place the pork chops in a plastic food storage bag and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- To cook the pork chops, remove them from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-low heat. Add the pork chops, and cook on each side for 5 minutes. Place the skillet in the oven and cook the pork chops for 15 minutes, uncovered, or until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving (there will be carry-over cooking).
I prepared this as written only replacing 1/2 teaspoon of paprika with Spanish smoked paprika. Mighty tasty on pork chops from a local source. Served with hasselback potatotes, steamed corn and green beans, side salad. Made for the winner of the Football Pool. Congratulations!