- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, milk, half-n-half, corn syrup, coffee granules, and slat in a large heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue cooking, without stirring, to the soft ball stage (234 deg F).
- Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla; DO NOT STIR! Cool to 110 deg F.
- Beat fudge until it loses its gloss and begins to thicken. Add chocolate morsels and pecans. Stir just to mix.
- Pour into a buttered 9-inch square pan. Cool and cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.