Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A good way to use up left over coffee
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups strong coffee
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook ground beef, oil, onions, green pepper and garlic until beef is browned.
- Stir in chili powder and cumin.
- Add tomatoes, coffee, water, chilies, salt and pepper.
- Simmer covered 1 hour, then cook an additional hour uncovered.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Great beanless chili!!! It is seasoned just perfectly. Not too tomatoey. I really can't taste the coffee at all but the taste is wonderful!!! Made for the Comfort Cafe