Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Use to make this dish B.C.(before children). It turns out such a pretty color! You can eat it hot or cold and it freezes well.
Top Review by wicked cook 46
I used instant coffee after I forgot to brew some and it was a little to strong so had to add extra sugar but that was my fault and not the recipes BUT it still turned out YUMMY. I used boneless, skinless chicken breast and they were so moist and tender. Made for Comfort Cafe Tag janiuary 2009.
- 1 large roasting chicken, skinned & and visible fat removed, cut-up*
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar or 3 teaspoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup filtered water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all but the chicken into a 5qt.
- pot with lid.
- Bring to a boil,stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to simmer and reduce to almost half.
- Stir frequently as this can burn.
- Let cool,off heat, 20 minutes.
- Add chicken and blend well.
- Marinate no more than 30 minutes in cool place.
- Turn into baking dish and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Baste at least three times while baking.
- * Cut cholestrol down further by using boneless skinless chicken breasts.