1/2 Photos of Coffee Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
Happy Harry #2's Note:
Use to make this dish B.C.(before children). It turns out such a pretty color! You can eat it hot or cold and it freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large roasting chicken, skinned & and visible fat removed, cut-up*
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar or 3 teaspoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1Place all but the chicken into a 5qt.
- 2pot with lid.
- 3Bring to a boil,stirring frequently.
- 4Reduce heat to simmer and reduce to almost half.
- 5Stir frequently as this can burn.
- 6Let cool,off heat, 20 minutes.
- 7Add chicken and blend well.
- 8Marinate no more than 30 minutes in cool place.
- 9Turn into baking dish and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for one hour.
- 10Baste at least three times while baking.
- 11* Cut cholestrol down further by using boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.9
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 1191.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar